|Date Posted||July 13, 2022|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
REPORTS TO: Principal / Assistant Principal
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field with a valid Georgia teaching certificate.
- Possesses Professional Qualifications and is in-field to teach the subject and/or class assigned as defined by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
- Ability to relate well to students, parents, and co-workers.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the curriculum, subject content, pedagogical knowledge, and the needs of students by providing relevant learning experiences.
- Exhibit best practices based on current research and facilitate students’ use of higher-level thinking skills in instruction.
- Plan, using state and local school district curricula and standards, effective strategies, resources, and data to address the differentiated needs of all students.
- Analyze and use student learning data to inform planning.
- Ensure full implementation of Individualized Education Programs (IEP’s) for caseload students, including but not limited to, implementation of accommodations, Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP’s), and other related services.
- Develop, monitor, and review the Individual Education Program (IEP) of each caseload student, annually or more often as needed.
- Promote student learning by using research-based instructional strategies relevant to the content area to engage students in active learning and to promote key skills.
- Use assistive and instructional technology and a variety of research-based instructional strategies and resources, as directed by IEP, to enhance student learning; and provide technical assistance as needed to other professionals serving the student and/or family.
- Challenges and supports each student’s learning by providing appropriate content and developing skills that address individual learning differences.
- Use a variety of diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment strategies and instruments that are valid and appropriate for the content and student population to inform instructional modifications for each student.
- Systematically gather, analyze and use relevant data to measure student progress; to inform instructional content and delivery methods; and to provide timely and constructive feedback to both students and parents/guardians.
- Provide a well-managed, safe, supportive, and orderly environment that is conducive to learning; encourages respect for all; and promotes an understanding of students’ diversity.
- Establish clear expectations for classroom rules, routines, and procedures and enforce them consistently and appropriately; utilize positive behavior techniques to maintain appropriate student behavior.
- Implement appropriate school safety measures and crisis emergency plans to create and sustain a secure and healthy learning environment consistent with District rules, policies, and procedures.
- Create a student-centered, academic environment in which teaching and learning occur at high levels and students are self-directed learners.
- Exhibit a commitment to professional ethics and the school’s mission; participate in professional growth opportunities and contribute to the profession.
- Compile, maintain and submit all required reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Possess and maintain a valid and appropriate license, certificate, and/or credential as may be required for this position.
- Follow work scheduling and attendance requirements in a regular, predictable, and punctual manner.
- Collaborate with designated paraprofessionals and other school and district personnel to ensure student progress.
- Engage in ongoing communication and share instructional goals, expectations, and student progress in a timely and constructive manner, using a variety of modes of communication as appropriate.
- Carry out duties in accordance with federal and state laws, Code of Ethics for Educators in Georgia, and established State and local School Board policies, regulations, and practices.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents or guardians, district and school personnel, and other stakeholders in ways that enhance student learning.
- Perform professionally and efficiently other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click to View Salary Schedule: Certified Schedule
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2022