|Date Posted||August 01, 2022|
|Industry||K-12: Charter Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Role Mission: IDEA Co-Teachers learn instructional strategies and develop their teaching skills in order to provide highly effective instruction to IDEA students. IDEA Co-Teachers implement Direct Instruction Curriculum (DI) and are responsible for student instruction under the guidance of an IDEA teacher and assistant principal of instruction. DI co-teachers use clear instruction and always teach to mastery. This means that teachers do not move on in the lesson until students have grasped the content they need to know. Groups are organized by level, so that every student can learn at their own pace.
What Youll Do -- Accountabilities
- Assist in the educational development of students under the direction and guidance of the classroom teachers
- Assist classroom teachers with maintaining student records.
- Successfully implement the Direct Instruction (DI) Curriculum
- Participate in lesson practice and delivery of our Direct Instruction (DI) Curriculum
- Communicate students progress with student and family on a weekly basis
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify.
- Host necessary tutoring sessions to meet all students needs
- Participate in weekly manager check-ins, grade-level meetings, before and after-school duties, and school wide meetings and functions
- Engage in summer and year-long district, school and personal learning and development
- Minimum of 40+ hours spent at school per week
- Additional responsibilities may include: after-school tutoring or Saturday school and are based on the needs of our scholars
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
What You Bring -- Competencies
- Education: At least 48 college hours required or bachelors degree from an accredited four-year educational institution required
- Experience: 1+ year(s) of experience working with children in a classroom or volunteer setting
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability and motivation to master the Direct Instruction Curriculum
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $16.39 for 0 years of experience and $22.54
- Hourly co-teachers earnings are paid out over a 12-month period
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. Its in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Reports top high schools lists. IDEA serves nearly 75,000 college-bound students in 137 schools across Texas, Southern Louisiana and Florida and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near youwith new launches inJacksonville, FL (2022). Cincinnati, OH (2022), and Arkansas (2023)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.