|Date Posted||September 07, 2022|
|Industry||Other Teaching Jobs|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Small classrooms, tuition reimbursement, and a paycheck every two weeks — does this sound like the right job for you?
EnCircle operates Minnick Schools in Roanoke, Harrisonburg, Wytheville, Wise, and Bristol. We serve students ages 5 to 22 who need extra support to find success in the classroom.
The SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER position is primarily responsible for performing the teaching and/or training services to students in the private special education day school. They will motivate students to develop skills in appropriate behavior and social interactions and teach assigned subjects.
*Ongoing professional development
*Tuition reimbursement for teachers
*Choose whether your pay is spread over 10 months or 12 months
We Offer Competitive Pay and Benefits!
- A rewarding role helping others
- Educational assistance program
- Professional development
- Supportive managers
- A caring team that feels like family
EnCircle requires all employees be vaccinated for COVID-19. If you are hired, we will require you prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or are willing to be vaccinated subject to applicable laws.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
This position is primarily responsible for performing the teaching and/or training services to students in the Minnick School (MINNICK SCHOOL) private special education day school in a specialized subject or assigned group of subjects; motivates students to develop skills in appropriate behavior and social interactions; teaches or instructs in assigned subject matters; performs related work as required. Works with general supervision. Limited supervision may be exercised over assigned paraprofessionals.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, REQUIREMENTS AND PREREQUISITES
- Graduate of an accredited college or university.
- Eligibility or possession of a teaching license(s) and endorsements for position as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Thorough knowledge of subjects taught and special education principles, practices, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and methodology of effective teaching.
- Thorough knowledge of school rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain standards of behavior and perform physical management of students.
- Ability to deliver articulate effective and professional oral presentations and written reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, parents, and administration.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, staff, administrators, and parents in a private special education day school environment.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Valid Virginia Drivers’ License and proof of insurance.
- Satisfactory Driving Record (less than 5 demerit points).
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including weekend and evening work.
- Ability to acquire First Aid, CPR and SAFETY CARE Certification.
- Good oral, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively.
Ability to maintain records, prepare reports and required paperwork according to licensing and agency requirements on a timely basis.
Basic computer skills and experience working with Microsoft Office preferred.
- May be required to drive agency vehicle.
- Ability to observe health and safety regulations.
- Ability to promote a positive and supportive classroom environment.
- Ability to absorb, analyze organize and project information and ideas.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Functions: May be required to perform any of the following duties
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information.
- Meets and instructs the students(s) in assigned locations and at the designated times.
- Designs coherent instruction based upon knowledge of subject matter, current instructional practices, students, the community, and curriculum goals.
- Plans instruction to achieve desired objectives that reflect the Virginia Standards of Learning.
- Prepares for classes assigned, maintains current lesson plans and shows evidence of lesson preparation upon request of the building administrator(s) or Directors.
- Analyzes individual, group, and program needs and plans for the appropriate use of time, materials, and resources to match the ability and needs of all students.
- Evaluates students' progress; provides students with specific evaluative feedback; maintains appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Uses a variety of formative and summative assessment strategies and instruments to make both short-term and long-range instructional decisions to improve student learning.
- Demonstrates an understanding of special education instructional strategies and methodology, curriculum, subject, and current instructional practices.
- Creates learning experiences that make the subject matter meaningful for all students.
- Differentiates instruction to meet diverse student needs.
- Uses materials, technology, and resources in a manner that promotes the development of critical thinking, problem solving, and performance skills.
- Selects, evaluates, and refines a variety of teaching methods and instructional strategies for the active engagement of students and improvement of student learning.
- Ensures safe supervision of students and implements a classroom management policy that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff.
- Creates a supportive learning environment for all students that encourages social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation.
- Uses effective verbal, nonverbal, and media communication techniques to foster positive interactions in the classroom.
- Models professional and ethical standards as well as personal integrity in all interactions
- Maintains professional boundaries in all interactions during and after school hours in accordance with school policies and protocols.
- Complies with and supports school and agency regulations and policies.
- Collects data as needed regarding students’ behaviors as identified by an IEP, Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP), or Individual Service Plan (ISP) or Protocol.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with established procedures.
- Identifies and communicates specific student performance expectations; documents student learning gains using appropriate assessment instruments.
- Manages classroom procedures to maximize academic learning time.
- Serves as a mandated reporter for suspicions of child endangerment, neglect, or abuse.
- Forges partnerships with families to promote student learning at home and in the school.
- Works collaboratively with staff, families, and community resources to support the success of a diverse student population.
- Communicates with students, student counselors and parents through conferences and other means.
- Participates in curriculum development, faculty committees, and student activity sponsorship, as requested.
- Assumes responsibilities outside the classroom as they relate to school.
- Model’s non-discriminatory practices in all activities.
- Establishes and maintains positive rapport with students.
- Motivates students to achieve maximum potential.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Takes responsibility for and participates in a meaningful and continuous process of professional development that results in the enhancement of student learning.
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, and illnesses to the administration of the school immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Supports and implements the school-wide behavior program as well as all individualized student behavior intervention plans.
- Maintains Virginia licensure; assumes responsibility for professional growth and keeps skills up to date.
- Works in a collegial and collaborative manner with peers, school personnel, and the community to promote and support student learning.
- Provides service to the profession and the agency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
“We are so proud of our students and grateful to have the opportunity to be part of this story .”-Minnick School Staff Member
To give equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people, we make employment decisions at enCircle based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. EnCircle does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
As part of the Company’s EEO commitment, we will also provide reasonable accommodations consistent with applicable law. The Company will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of the job unless doing so would cause significant difficulty or expense—i.e., an undue hardship. Similarly, the Company will also make reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of a person related to pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship.
If you seek an accommodation because of a medical condition or impairment, or related to pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, please notify Human Resources so we can evaluate your request. Please cooperate with the Company as to any information needed so we can assess your request for an accommodation.
As part of our EEO commitment, the Company will also reasonably accommodate an employee who’s sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance conflicts with a work rule or requirement unless doing so would impose more than a de minimis cost or burden. Please inform Human Resources if you seek an accommodation based on a religious belief.