|Date Posted||September 16, 2022|
|Industry||K-12: Charter Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
About KIPP Public Schools Northern California
We are a thriving nonprofit network of 17 free, public charter schools open to all students. At KIPP, we believe all children should grow up free to create the future they want for themselves and that schools can and should be a critical partner in making their vision a reality. Together with families and communities, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose—college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Our student community consists of over 6,000 elementary, middle, and high school students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, San Lorenzo, San Jose, Redwood City, and Stockton. Our student community demographics are: 94% identify as students of color, 79% qualify for free or reduced price lunch, 23% are English language learners, and 10% receive special education services. We strive to cultivate a representative team of teachers and leaders that reflect our students’ diversity.
Our schools are looking for talented and committed educators to serve as Education Specialists for our elementary, middle, and high schools. Education Specialists serve as Special Education teachers & Case Managers, working primarily with students with Individualized Education Plans in inclusive settings, resource programs, & highly specialized Special Education Teacher programs.
You will work closely with school leadership, general education team, Special Education teachers, program specialists, and multidisciplinary teams to plan & implement individualized & rigorous educational programming for students.
Education Specialists are responsible for Case Management & Compliance, Goal Setting & Progress Monitoring, Stakeholder Engagement & Empowerment, as well as Lesson Planning & delivery of effective teaching practices for all students.
Above all else, the ideal Education Specialist will find joy and purpose in supporting children to develop the habits necessary to be successful in school and beyond. They must also be committed to KIPP Northern California Public School’s mission while possessing the beliefs, character traits, and skills necessary to ensure student growth and achievement.
Ideal KIPP Teacher Qualities:
- Model KIPP values
- Be committed to being an anti-racist educator
- Believe all students can achieve at the highest academic levels
- Possess strong content area knowledge and skills building relationships with students, families, and communities
- Teach in our extended day and year schedule
- Contribute to a relentless and dedicated team of outstanding professionals
- Communicate well with students, families, and colleagues
- Have proficient knowledge of Google Suite applications (Google Classroom, Hangout, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Have the ability to learn and utilize instructional technology to support in-class and distance learning (i.e. Zoom, Nearpod)
- Hold a B.A/B.S degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Hold a valid teaching credential, be in the process of securing a credential, or be willing to commit to earning a credential while teaching KIPP.
- Experience as an educator teaching students with similar demographics to our KIPP NorCal student community
- Strong student achievement results and documented growth on formative assessments and/or IEP goal assessments
- Spanish, Arabic, Vietnamese or Mandarin speaking proficiency
Health & Safety
- Per California state requirements for public schools, all staff must be vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccination) or submit to regular and frequent testing.
- Our schools are engaged in on campus (in-person) learning, full time, 5 days a week. Please click here to read more about our health & safety measures at our schools.
We are dedicated to you and your family's well-being! KIPP offers a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and transportation benefits. Salary Scale
Questions? Email us at [email protected]