|Date Posted||September 21, 2022|
|Industry||K-12: Independent/Private, K-12: Public Schools, Other Teaching Jobs, K-12: Charter Schools, K-12 Religious/Parochial, ESL Jobs, Preschool|
|STEM Focus||Math, Science, Technology, Engineering|
|Certification Needed||Yes, Teaching License|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Pearson is currently seeking experienced PK-12 educators and Higher Education teacher educators to evaluate portfolios for edTPA for the 2023 Spring Administration.
edTPA scoring is done remotely on a temporary/part-time basis in addition to your current educator role. Training and qualification take approximately 19-24 hours and is completed at your own pace within the project time frame. Training and qualification is scheduled to begin last week of January 2023 with peak scoring taking place March through May 2023. Portfolio volume varies throughout the season and depending on the content area. However, we ask that Scorers commit to scoring 1-2 portfolios per week during our peak times. Portfolios take an average of 2-3 hours to score.
Training and Qualification is paid on an hourly basis; Scoring is paid at $75/portfolio after qualification for non-consensus and $20/hour for consensus scoring.
Note that there is a high demand for applicants in the following content/handbook areas:
- Agricultural Education (6-8, 9-12)
- Classical Languages - Greek & Latin (4-5, 6-8, 9-12)
- World Languages (K-12)
- Performing Arts (K-6, 7-12)
- Visual Art (K-6, 7-12)
- Physical & Health Education (K-6, 7-12)
- Middle Childhood & Secondary History & Social Studies (6-8, 9-12)
- Middle Childhood & Secondary Science (6-8, 9-12)
*Bilingual Spanish teachers are highly encouraged to apply
Scorer Experience Qualifications:
- PK-12 Educators must hold a current teaching license from a state education agency and have worked with teacher candidates or beginning teachers within the last 5 years. NBCTs are encouraged to apply.
- Higher Education Educators must have content specific expertise in the content area you are applying to score and have worked with teacher candidates or beginning teachers within the last 5 years.
edTPA Scorers perform job duties remotely and can be located anywhere in the United States. Scorers must meet the minimum requirements for home computing hardware, monitor, and Internet bandwidth in order to be eligible for the program. For security reasons, scorers may not use shared office computers or work from institutional computer labs.
If you have additional questions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org