|Date Posted||November 22, 2022|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
The Central Bucks School District has vacancies for Elementary Building/Floating Substitute Teachers for the 2022-2023 school year. These positions offer a flexible work schedule with excellent potential for full-time employment. Candidates must hold a VALID and ACTIVE Pennsylvania Elementary Teaching Certificate or a current Emergency Certification to apply.
Compensation: $170 per day; Guarantee of 150 days out of 180 student days per school year per substitute (prorated according date hired during current school year).
Requirements: Valid and Active Pennsylvania Elementary Teaching Certification or current Emergency Certification
Act 91 of 2021 - Flexibilities for school years 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 include - Per the Governor's website:
- Retired teachers are now eligible to fill teacher vacancies on an emergency or short-term basis.
- Schools can use eligible college students and recent graduates of education programs to serve as substitute teachers.
- Educators with active Pennsylvania certificates and those with comparable out-of-state certificates can serve as day-to-day substitutes for 20 days, or longer under certain circumstances.
- Teachers with inactive certificates may substitute for 180 days instead of 90 days per school year.
- Individuals who are 25 or older, have at least 60 college credits or 3 years of experience as a paraprofessional, and complete training on classroom management, may serve as “classroom monitors” by delivering preplanned assignments for a teacher.
Schedule: The district will assign 150 days annually based on data outlining the heaviest times of absences and/or failed to fill vacancies. This position is an annual appoint by the Board of School Directors. NOTE: Candidates will be restricted to only substituting the assigned 150 days and will not be permitted to work as a per diem substitute on any other day.
Required Documents: The following documents must be included with your online application:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
- PA Teaching Certificate or current Emergency Certification
- Reference Lettters (3 are required)