Substitute Teacher / Para - Canton Public Schools
|Date Posted||January 18, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
We are hiring substitutes for Canton Public Schools.
Remember that teacher who made a difference in your life? Now it’s your turn! Substitute teaching and substitute paraprofessional roles are great opportunities to be a mentor and help students become the best versions of themselves. Substitute educators are essential to ensuring students continue to learn and grow every day.
- Positively impact the education of students in your own community.
- Feel good about the work you do.
- Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term substitute positions available.
- Enjoy work-life balance.
- Substitute teachers assume duties of the classroom teacher in accordance with school district lesson plans, school rules, and Kelly policies. This includes:
- Leading instruction in the classroom by conducting the teacher’s existing lesson plans
- Instructing students on a variety of classroom topics/courses
- Building positive relationships
- Assigning reasonable tasks and homework
- Motivate students to learn, and encourage classroom participation
- Create a classroom environment that’s conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
- Adapt to the various learning styles of students
- For long-term assignments, it may be required to develop lessons plans, as well as create, administer, and grade tests and assignments
- Substitute paraprofessionals provide support to teachers managing the classroom in a number of ways.
- For Substitute Teachers - Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- For Substitute paraprofessionals – High School Diploma
Perks you’ll enjoy as a substitute teacher:
- Free online classroom management training to help you become a capable, confident classroom leader
- Free ongoing professional development to keep your skills sharp
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
- Apply now!
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you will receive a response to your application within 48-72 hours. This is an opportunity for you to also get questions answered and learn more about the position.
- Share this job. Know someone who would make a great substitute teacher? We’re always looking for more role models!
- Referral bonuses are also provided! Details are provided during the interview.
Our commitment to you:
Kelly® Education is committed to our substitute employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education operates under the collective guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state officials, and school district administration, and we ensure our employees are adequately protected by school district policies and procedures.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Why Kelly® Education?
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students? At Kelly Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in K-12 public schools, PreK and early childhood centers, and higher education institutions. Whether you’re looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a teaching or non-teaching role—we’ll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you’re new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.