|Date Posted||March 13, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
POSITION: SCHOOL COUNSELOR
REPORTS TO: Principal / Assistant Principal
- Master’s Degree
- Georgia Certification in Guidance and Counseling
- Ability to relate well to students, parents, and co-workers.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Is present at work everyday, on time, and performs all duties as assigned effectively and efficiently.
- Is neat and professional in appearance befitting the job they provide the school system.
- Shall exhibit a professional attitude and demeanor at all times in dealing with the board, school administration, fellow employees, parents, students, and the public.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the use of internet and email as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the use of other computer applications as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates appropriate verbal and written communication skills.
- Complies with school, system, state and federal regulations and policies, including the PSC Code of Ethics.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information and material; adheres to chain of command.
- Maintains and improves knowledge and skills to promote proficiency in the operations of an organized, modern, updated and efficient department.
- Participates in professional organizations, workshops and professional learning activities and applies what is learned to the job working through the Principal and Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction.
- Exhibits time on task and a flexible, cooperative, progressive and hard working attitude and style.
- Supervises and evaluates programs as assigned.
- Assists administration with implementation of goals.
- Supports the vision/mission of the administration.
- Reports to principal about status of programs.
- Makes recommendations of appropriate actions and alternatives to the principal.
- Keeps abreast of and informs the principal of current trends and developments concerning area of responsibility.
- Monitors compliance with policies and laws concerning area of responsibility.
- Collects data and prepares reports associated with the position as required by local, state and federal agencies.
- Helps to plan and develop the guidance program and the curriculum in relation to the needs of pupils.
- Helps each pupil with self-acceptance, development of personal decision-making competencies, and resolving problems.
- Maintains accurate and appropriate student records in a timely manner.
- Interprets information concerning pupils and communicates this information to the students, their parents, their teachers and others as needed.
- Helps to identify pupils with special abilities or needs.
- Collects and disseminates to pupils and their parents any information concerning school offerings, opportunities for further education, and career training.
- Makes appropriate referrals and maintains liaison and cooperative working relationships with other pupil personnel specialists and with agencies in the community as needed.
- Assists in providing placement services for pupils by helping teachers and administrators with advisement and scheduling.
- Helps students make appropriate choices of school programs and develop long-range plans of study.
- Helps students make the transition from one school level to another, from one school to another or from school to employment successfully.
- Coordinates placement work with others for the most effective use of the placement services available in the school and the community.
- Assist parents by acting as a consultant to them regarding the growth and development of their children and provides them with information concerning their children.
- Assists with coordinating state and local standardized testing of students.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the principal.
Click to View Salary Schedule: Certified Schedule
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com © 1998-2023