KNIGHTS FERRY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT - PARAPROFESSIONAL Deadline: UNTIL FILLED
Stanislaus County Office of Education
Stanislaus County, CaliforniaSee other jobs from this company
|Date Posted||March 17, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
JOB DESCRIPTION - CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEE - PARAPROFESSIONAL
Under the supervision of the Superintendent/Principal, and the direction of a fully credentialed teacher; to perform a
variety of instructional activities; to assist in the conduct of intensified learning experiences; to perform routine
clerical and supportive tasks for instructional personnel; and to do other related work as required.
Personnel in this job classification may perform any combination of the essential duties shown below. This position
description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this
classification, but is intended to accurately reflect the principle job elements.
• Assists instructional personnel with the presentation of learning materials and in the conduct of instructional
• Tutors individuals and small groups of pupils to reinforce and follow-up learning activities.
• Monitors and assists pupils in drill, practice, and study activities as a follow-up to the presentation of concepts
by instructional personnel.
• Directs students into safe learning activities and functions, and assists in the shaping of appropriate social
• Assists in the management of pupil behavior through the use of positive strategies and techniques.
• Prepares a variety of instructional materials and learning aids.
• Maintains a variety of records and files, including confidential pupil records and information.
• Assists pupils in the operation of instructional equipment.
• Requisitions, stores and maintains an appropriate inventory of instructional materials, supplies and
• Assists in maintaining an orderly, attractive, and positive learning environment.
• Supervises playground activities.
• Administers routine first aid and requests assistance for non-routine injury or illness.
• Perform appropriately in situations requiring tact and diplomacy in dealing with public, parents, students, and
• Does other related work as required
Basic concepts of child growth and development, and developmental behavior characteristics; Student behavior
management strategies and techniques;
Appropriate English usage, punctuation, spelling, and grammar;
Basic mathematics concepts;
Routine record management, storage, retrieval systems and procedures.
Demonstrate an understanding, patient, and receptive attitude toward students of varied ages and ability levels;
Communicate effectively in oral and written form in English, as required by the assignment; Perform routine clerical
tasks and operate a variety of educational and office related equipment;
Learn to utilize a variety of appropriate instructional materials and procedures in the enhancement of a positive
Understand and carry out oral and written directions;
Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with pupils and adults.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must
perform in carrying out the essential job functions.
Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 20 to 40 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
This type of work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve running, walking or standing for brief periods.
Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity
to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects
of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and skill is qualifying. A
typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skill would be:
One year paid or volunteer experience working with multi-age groups of children.
Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, supplemented by training or coursework in child growth
and development, instructional technology, or a closely related field.
Certificate of passing score on the aide proficiency examination.**
**A valid California teaching credential or a passing score on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST), may
be accepted in lieu of the aide proficiency test.
Conditions of Employment: Insurability by the District’s liability insurance carrier. Employment is contingent upon
fingerprint and background clearance, and proof of a recent negative tuberculosis test result.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com © 1998-2023