Middle School ELA Teacher
Meeting Street Schools
Charleston, South CarolinaSee other jobs from this company
|Date Posted||May 18, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Charter Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Who we are
Meeting Street Schools (MSS), a unique network of five schools across South Carolina, was founded on the belief that all students can learn and deserve the opportunity to receive a high-quality education, regardless of their socio-economic background. It is our belief that a student’s zip code should not determine a student’s access to quality education. At MSS, we believe in a holistic approach to education and work to provide any and all resources that facilitate student success in the classroom and beyond as part of our twenty-year commitment from early childhood to college access.
Who we're looking for
We are searching for people with a strong mission fit and tight alignment to our belief that all students — regardless of life circumstances– can and will succeed. We seek people who have the motivation, drive, compassion, and commitment to ensure that all students reach their full potential. High-performing people who desire to join us in our mission to change the status quo of education in South Carolina and prove that higher learning is not only possible but expected for ALL students are encouraged to apply.
MSS teachers combine the ability to motivate and educate, to develop academic as well as character skills, and to make a college preparatory education relevant both now and for the future. MSS teachers have a growth mindset and are afforded multiple professional development opportunities throughout the year, including Responsive Classroom training, Eureka Math, Wit and Wisdom, Wilson’s Fundations, collaborative planning sessions, whole and small group school-wide focus professional development, team analysis of performance data and other personalized opportunities for teachers to grow.
This role will teach ELA to 5th, 6th, 7th, and/or 8th-grade students as a Lead Teacher.
- Support outstanding academic achievement and student character development
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment that excites and invests students as they reach their full potential
- Build a strong classroom community and relationships with families
- Support students through direct, small-group, and differentiated instruction
- Creates innovative and common core aligned lesson plans
- Assesses student learning on a consistent basis and adjusts instruction to meet individual student needs
- Commits to constant professional and personal growth through reflection, feedback, and collaboration
- Models MSS’ Path to Success skills and supports the development of those skills in students and peers
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills and Characteristics
- A commitment to the mission of Meeting Street Schools, deep love of content, and an unwavering belief that all students can and will succeed
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- High level of personal organization and planning
- Team player
- Desire to master content and enthusiasm for subject matter
- Ability to inspire, motivate and engage children
Education and Background
- Bachelor's degree required
- Active or in process teaching certification-Secondary Education ELA
- Successful experience teaching or working in underserved communities
$44,000 - $91,000 a year
The salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience, typically salaries trend above the district salary schedule, starting at approximately $44,000-$91,000 annually. Additionally, Meeting Street Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including and not limited to:
Life Insurance and Disability
Employee + Family Wellness
Tax Favored Spending Accounts (FSA/HSA)
Referral and Retention Bonuses
All new hires are guaranteed $1,000 on top of their salary offer (paid out during 1st year of employment) and are eligible for additional bonus opportunities.
At Meeting Street Schools we are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com © 1998-2023