|Date Posted||September 07, 2023|
|Industry||Other Teaching Jobs|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Our Licensed Math Teacher (Middle/High School) will be responsible for teaching students in the private day school setting. We are looking for motivated individuals that desire to effect positive change in young people’s lives. Small classroom sizes, excellent salary, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, sick leave, 401k, and opportunities for upward mobility. Apply now!
We serve students ages 5 to 22 who need extra support to find success in the classroom and community in locations across Virginia.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, REQUIREMENTS AND PREREQUISITES
- Virginia Special Education Teaching License (preferred) or license eligible.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Safety-Care Certification (Training provided).
- Must have a valid Virginia Drivers’ License, proof of insurance, satisfactory Driving Record (less than 5 demerit points).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and implement weekly lesson plans.
- Administer formal and informal assessments to measure student growth and mastery and to evaluate and refine instruction.
- Differentiate instruction effectively to meet the individual needs of students.
- Identify students who are academically at risk and initiate effective intervention strategies.
- Participate actively in professional development.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom, develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedures and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulations.
- Attend and participate in Community School Committee and various Advisory Committee meetings.
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting pay for a Licensed Teacher – $46,200
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) and 401(k) Matching
- Employee Assistance Program, including Access to Chaplain Services
- Educational Assistance Program
- STD, LTD, Life, and AD&D Insurance
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays
- Retention Bonus
- Ongoing Professional Development
- Unlimited Access to Premium Calm App for Staff plus Friends and Family