|Date Posted||September 03, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This KSFSA food service position is open to in-district food service employees and food service substitutes only. It has flexible hours which may vary from day to day. Assigned 5.5hrs.
ASSIGNMENT: The primary purpose of this position is to assist the field manager by replacing absent elementary kitchen managers and to fill in for other absent employees as may be required. The position performs duties required for production and service of meals to students. The employee must be able to maintain a high degree of flexibility as the work assignments and locations are varied and may change each day. There is a possibility that work assignment may change throughout the day. The essential duties are to assist in the preparation of food, serving of food and cleanup as required; assist the field manager by serving as a trainer and reviewer of kitchen operations and procedures; keep accurate records including inventory and ordering; assure proper care and storage of food and supplies; collect and deposit cash for food and supplies sold; and maintain accurate records through the use of point of sale system.
- Must be a current, permanent KSD employee in the KSFSA bargaining unit or a food service substitute.
- High school diploma or GED.
- ASFSA (American School Food Service Association) certification.
- Current food handlers permit.
- Completion or actively pursuing completion of basic food and nutrition services training program.
- Previous food service experience.
- Knowledge of proper food handling practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of proper sanitation standards related to food handling.
- Ability to handle cash receipts and operate a point of sale computer terminal.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Must have good communication skills and strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with food service staff, other employees, and students.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This work requires standing, walking and occasional sitting, some over the head and shoulder lifting, repetitive motions, repetitive lifting of up to 40 pounds, working on wet or slippery floors, bending, pushing, pulling, stretching and working with various machinery and cleaning chemicals, some exposure to a visual terminal and occasional exposure to cold or hot temperatures.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com © 1998-2023