|Date Posted||November 18, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Charter Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Who We Are
Meeting Street Schools (MSS), a unique network of five schools across South Carolina, was founded on the belief that all students can learn and deserve the opportunity to receive a high-quality education, regardless of their socio-economic background. It is our belief that a student’s zip code should not determine a student’s access to quality education. At MSS, we believe in a holistic approach to education and work to provide any and all resources that facilitate student success in the classroom and beyond as part of our twenty-year commitment from early childhood to college access.
As a founding member of our newest campus, we are searching for entrepreneurially minded people with a strong mission fit and tight alignment to our belief that all students — regardless of life circumstances– can and will succeed. Founding teammates exhibit proactivity, a team mentality, and find excitement in a "start-up" style environment.
We seek people who have the motivation, drive, compassion, and commitment to ensure that all students reach their full potential. High-performing people who desire to join us in our mission to change the status quo of education in South Carolina and prove that higher learning is not only possible but expected for ALL students are encouraged to apply.
NEWCOMER PACKAGE ELIGIBLE
Elementary Lead teachers are certified educators teaching in a PreK, K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th classroom. MSS teachers combine the ability to motivate and educate, to develop academic as well as character skills, and to make a college preparatory education relevant both now and for the future. MSS teachers have a growth mindset and are afforded multiple professional development opportunities throughout the year, including Responsive Classroom training, Eureka Math, Wit and Wisdom, Wilson’s Fundations, collaborative planning sessions, whole and small group school-wide focus professional development, team analysis of performance data and other personalized opportunities for teachers to grow.
In most cases, lead teachers are paired with a co-teacher or fellow teacher. Co-teachers act as co-leads and fellow teachers are newer to the profession and will be mentored by the Lead teacher.
We are hiring for Kindergarten and 1st grade teachers at our Jasper location.
- Support outstanding academic achievement and student character development
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment that excites and invests students as they reach their full potential
- Build a strong classroom community and relationships with families
- Support students through direct, small-group, and differentiated instruction
- Creates innovative and common core aligned lesson plans
- Assesses student learning on a consistent basis and adjusts instruction to meet individual student needs
- Commits to constant professional and personal growth through reflection, feedback, and collaboration
- Models MSS’ Path to Success skills and supports the development of those skills in students and peers
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills and Characteristics
- A commitment to the mission of Meeting Street Schools, deep love of content, and an unwavering belief that all students can and will succeed
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- High level of personal organization and planning
- Team player
- Desire to master content and enthusiasm for subject matter
- Ability to inspire, motivate and engage children
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Active or in-process teaching certification in Elementary Education
- 2+ years experience leading a classroom
- Successful experience teaching or working in underserved communities
$50,000 - $93,000 a year
Salary starts at $50,000 and is commensurate with years of related experience and degree.
The salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience, typically salaries range from $44.000-$91,000 annually. Additionally, Meeting Street Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including and not limited to:
Life Insurance and Disability
Employee + Family Wellness
Tax Favored Spending Accounts (FSA/HSA)
Referral and Retention Bonuses
Newcomer Bonus Eligible
Meeting Street Schools is an equal-opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com © 1998-2023