|Date Posted||November 18, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Charter Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Who We Are
Meeting Street Schools (MSS), a unique network of five schools across South Carolina, was founded on the belief that all students can learn and deserve the opportunity to receive a high-quality education, regardless of their socio-economic background. It is our belief that a student’s zip code should not determine a student’s access to quality education. At MSS, we believe in a holistic approach to education and work to provide any and all resources that facilitate student success in the classroom and beyond as part of our twenty-year commitment from early childhood to college access.
As a founding member of our newest campus, we are searching for entrepreneurially minded people with a strong mission fit and tight alignment to our belief that all students — regardless of life circumstances– can and will succeed. Founding teammates exhibit proactivity, a team mentality, and find excitement in a "start-up" style environment.
We seek people who have the motivation, drive, compassion, and commitment to ensure that all students reach their full potential. High-performing people who desire to join us in our mission to change the status quo of education in South Carolina and prove that higher learning is not only possible but expected for ALL students are encouraged to apply.
In the absence of one of our full-time teachers, you will teach and engage students as if they are your own. You will participate in planning and executing lessons while aiding students in their daily tasks and helping ensure the understanding of the subject matter being covered. You should have some elementary or middle school classroom teaching experience (where applicable) and possess the skills needed to cover daily instruction and run the classroom environment in an orderly fashion. Meeting Street Schools guest teachers come in prepared daily to operate beyond the status quo of supervising students as guest teachers.
- Use materials provided to attain lesson goals
- Direct the classroom, accomplishing curriculum objectives and goals outlined in the lesson plans
- Take attendance according to the procedures of the school, keep classroom and work orderly, and maintain normal classroom rhythms
- Comply with all procedures, guidelines, and policies of the school at all times
- Maintain a professional attitude in all manner of conduct with students, faculty, and parents, including a commitment to confidentiality
- Establish a positive, supportive, and engaging learning environment
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and communicates those objectives to students
- Adapt teaching for the benefit of each student and collaborates with other educators for support and ideas, as needed
- Work collaboratively with the families and significant adults in the lives of each student through positive communication and collaboration, as needed
- Model a “whatever it takes” spirit to ensure that all students are successful
- Model MSS’ Path to Success skills and supports the development of those skills in students and peers
- Share a commitment to the mission, goals, culture, and objectives of MSAS
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills and Characteristics
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills required
- Team player, ability to work in a collaborative, responsible and professional manner
- A deep belief of MSS’ vision, to make a difference for under-resourced students
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to inspire, motivate and engage children
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Goal-oriented, seek to improve skills through constructive feedback
- Compassionate, enthusiastic, empathetic and displays a strong work ethic
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to kneel, sit, stand for long periods of time
Educational Background and Work Experience
- High School Diploma, required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Teaching certification, preferred
- Minimum of 1 year successful experience working with student
$20 - $20 an hour
Meeting Street Schools believes great educators should be compensated well. The hourly rate for this position will start at $20 and will be dependent on experience. After six months of employment as a long-term substitute, you will be formally evaluated by school leadership and it will be decided if you remain in the role at which time you could be offered a full-time salaried position.
A background check will be required for this role. If selected to move forward you will receive a background authorization form to complete electronically as the next step in our process. Please look for this form in your email inbox.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com © 1998-2023