|Date Posted||November 18, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Charter Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Who we are
Meeting Street Schools (MSS), a unique network of five schools across South Carolina, was founded on the belief that all students can learn and deserve the opportunity to receive a high-quality education, regardless of their socio-economic background. It is our belief that a student’s zip code should not determine a student’s access to quality education. At MSS, we believe in a holistic approach to education and work to provide any and all resources that facilitate student success in the classroom and beyond as part of our twenty-year commitment from early childhood to college access.
Who we're looking for
We are searching for people with a strong mission fit and tight alignment to our belief that all students — regardless of life circumstances– can and will succeed. We seek people who have the motivation, drive, compassion, and commitment to ensure that all students reach their full potential. High-performing people who desire to join us in our mission to change the status quo of education in South Carolina and prove that higher learning is not only possible but expected for ALL students are encouraged to apply.
MSS teachers combine the ability to motivate and educate, to develop academic as well as character skills, and to make a college preparatory education relevant both now and in the future. MSS teachers have a growth mindset and participate in rigorous professional development throughout the year, including Responsive Classroom training, Wit and Wisdom, collaborative planning sessions, whole and small group school-wide focus professional development, team analysis of performance data, and other personalized opportunities for teachers to grow. MSS teachers also have the opportunity to visit other high-performing elementary schools and universities to strengthen their practice as educators.
- Support outstanding academic achievement and student character development
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment that excites and invests students as they reach their full potential
- Build classroom community and relationships with families, participating in a powerful team that ensures all students make outstanding academic progress
- Support students through direct and small group instruction
- Plans and supervises purposeful support and development for Teaching Fellows and/or teacher assistants
- Creates innovative and common core aligned lesson plans
- Adapts teaching for the benefit of each student and collaborates with other educators for support and ideas
- Assesses student learning on a consistent basis and adjusts instruction to meet individual student needs
- Commits to constant professional and personal growth through reflection, feedback, and collaboration
- Models MSS’ Path to Success skills and supports the development of those skills in students and peers
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills and Characteristics
- A commitment to the mission of Meeting Street Schools, deep love of content, and an unwavering belief that all students can and will succeed
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- High level of personal organization and planning
- Team player: maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, high EQ, willingness to respond positively to feedback and a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Desire to master content and enthusiasm for subject matter
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to inspire, motivate and engage children
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to kneel, sit, stand for long periods of time
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree required (must be conferred by start date), Master’s preferred
- Active/pending elementary education (K-5 or K-6) teaching certification required
- Minimum two years of successful experience teaching/volunteering in underserved communities
$45,000 - $99,000 a year
The salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Meeting Street Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including and not limited to:
Life Insurance and Disability
Employee + Family Wellness
Tax Favored Spending Accounts (FSA/HSA)
Referral and Retention Bonuses
Meeting Street Schools is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
All new hires are eligible for additional award opportunities.
At Meeting Street Schools we are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com © 1998-2023