||August 30, 2019
||K-12: Public Schools
Maricopa Unified School District #20
44150 West Maricopa/Casa Grande Highway
Maricopa, Arizona 85138
520.568.5100 - main number
520.568.5151 - fax number
Position Description: Before and After School Instructor- Preschool
Located at Santa Roas Elementary
Up to 29.5 hours/Week Split Shift
Monday thru Friday-5:45am-8:05am
M,T, TH, F 2:45 - 6 p.m.
Wednesday 1 p.m - 6 p.m.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To assist with instruction and supervision of students through one-on-one and group instruction, playground supervision and assisting with testing and assessment of student’s progress.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions):
- Provides enrichment/academic instruction to preschool/school age children.
- Helps in maintaining DHS compliance with student/staff files and DHS site requirements.
- Communicates with staff and parents daily.
- Assists with curriculum mapping for daily activities, school breaks and summer program.
- Helps in handling parent complaints or concerns in an effort to diffuse the situation.
- Provides substitute coverage and placements when needed.
- Community communication.
- Maintaining high level of communication and establishing working relationships with others (i.e. staff, parents, community, administration, etc.)
Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of educational practices, processes, and techniques.
- Willingness to become familiar with Maricopa Unified School District #20’s educational policies, regulations and rules.
- Operate office equipment and MS Office.
- Skill in communicating verbally, and written, through translation and interpretation.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- At least one year of child care experience in a licensed childcare facility.
- Current DPS IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Cleared TB Test – Within one year
- CPR and First Aid Certification (or obtained within 30 days after hire)
- Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, hear and listen in the normal range, and speak and give directions clearly. Able to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crawl, crouch, reach, life, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 125 lbs.
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION: May involve personal assistance with toileting, hygiene, feeding, lifting as well as other possible needs. Hours will be in relation to school site hours. Continuing positions for the subsequent school years, if offered, may be rearranged as needed to best meet the needs of the students.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER The Maricopa Unified School District 20 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. The Maricopa Unified School District 20 is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with title IX of The Education Amendments of 1972 and Sec. 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2019