||September 18, 2019
||Yes, Certificate of Eligibility
||$50,000 to $55,000
The Gilliard Group
Preschool teachers stand as a notable role model in a child’s early life. Early childhood educators support children during a pivotal time of academic development and personal growth in and out of the classroom. Preschool is sometimes a child’s first time away from their parents for an extended period of time. It can be a scary endeavor for children; however, as a positive and calm preschool teacher, you can help alleviate some of the stress and anxiety often associated with this milestone. Preschool is also often the first time children engage and socialize with other children. As a teacher, you facilitate relationship building exercises that help children bridge social gaps to make new friends and establish social skills.
Job Locations: Parkside Preschool 1, Parkside Preschool 2, Babyworld and Jersey City Daycare 100.
Full time classroom Teacher in the Pre-K Program. The Teacher position supervises, assists, and supports the children, teacher Assistants, substitutes, floaters, parents, interns and volunteers in carrying out developmentally appropriate child activities in accordance with the designated curriculum, NAEYC Standards, and the High Scope Curriculum.
- Work daily as a classroom Pre-K Teacher developing weekly lesson plans and other activities with input from Education team and supervising children in a safe, positive and developmentally appropriate environment.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the designated curriculum through proper daily implementation with developmentally appropriate conversations, behaviors and guidance strategies and ability to model for teaching staff, children, parents, community volunteers and interns.
- Demonstrate the ability to supervise and support the teaching team.
- Log daily child attendance and meal counts and submit monthly to designated content area Supervisors/Specialists.
- Conduct developmental screenings, parent conferences and ongoing assessments within the required time frames.
- Maintain anecdotal notes, as well as developmental and numerical data records on each child, with written and verbal input from other teaching staff in child’s record and data entry software.
- Participation in Teacher meetings, Professional Learning Communities and Professional Development as required by designated program.
- Actively participate in special community events and agency-wide initiatives including development events and activities.
- Perform any other duties as assigned in support of agency and program needs and operations.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:(Must be fully met in order to qualify for position)
- Bachelors in Early Childhood Education or related field
- State Funded Pre-K: must have license to teach in the State of NJ with a Preschool through Third Grade or Certificate of Eligibility/Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing.
- Proficient computer skills, including data base systems, and access to email and internet.
- Ability to speak, read, write, comprehend, process, interpret follow and carry out instructions spoken in the English language and written in a variety of documents and reference relevant to the job.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Send your resume to this employer.
Email the resume you posted on TeachingJobs.com to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on TeachingJobs.com? Click here to post one now!
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2019