||December 02, 2019
||K-12: Charter Schools
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy (CNCA) is a community of high-performing public schools that utilizes a comprehensive approach to prepare students from preschool through high school for success in college and in life. We integrate academic rigor, community, family, and wellness to empower students to thrive in a culturally connected and changing world. Founded in 2000, Camino Nuevo Charter Academy students represent the neighborhood of MacArthur Park west of downtown Los Angeles, a community that is one of the most under-resourced and densely populated neighborhoods in Los Angeles. Currently, CNCA has eight campuses that serve over 3,500 students from pre-K through 12th grade.
Under the direction of the site Principal and/or Facilities Maintenance Manager, lead and participate in the work of the day/evening custodial crew; assure scheduled work is
completed in accordance with established standards; make a variety of minor and emergency repairs.
Clean and disinfect drinking fountains and restroom facilities including sinks, toilets and urinals; fill dispensers with towels, soap, toilet paper and other items; wash mirrors, tile, walls and windows; unclog drains and toilets.
- Pick up paper and other debris from school grounds, walkways and areas adjacent to school facilities; sweep concrete surfaces adjacent to school building.
- Operate custodial equipment such as vacuums, mops, small hand and power tools, buffer/scrubber machines and other equipment as assigned.
- Replace light bulbs and tubes; clean white boards, trays and erasers; empty pencil sharpeners; clean tables, chairs and floors.
- Move and arrange furniture and equipment; prepare classrooms and other facilities for special events or meetings as assigned; set up and assemble chairs, tables and other furniture and equipment; clean up furniture, equipment and debris following these events.
- Lock and unlock doors, gates and windows as appropriate; turn lights on and off as needed; maintain security of assigned areas according to established guidelines; set alarms as appropriate.
- Inspect buildings, reporting unsatisfactory or dangerous situations.
- Distribute materials such as supplies and equipment; Conduct weekly inventory and maintain records of supplies/equipment use. Submit reports on activities of crew.
- Perform minor maintenance work such as replacing door stops, floor tiles, light switches or lights, oiling electric motors and removal of graffiti.
- Maintain security of the school during the day and evening; contact school security personnel or local police and fire departments as necessary.
- Participate in the thorough cleaning and restoration of campus facilities during school vacation periods.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Basic email communication, basic computer literacy
- Work scheduling methods
- Various trades at the semi-skilled level required for the maintenance and minor repair of physical plant, facilities and equipment
- Materials, methods and tools used in custodial work.
- Record-keeping/inventory techniques.
- Principles of training and providing work direction.
- Lead, monitor and train others and review quality of work performed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work space.
- Coordinate, schedule, set priorities and make decisions.
- Write legibly to record information.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT:
- Indoor and outdoor environment.
- Regular exposure to fumes, dust and odors.
- Day/Evening or variable hours.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
- Pushing and pulling cleaning equipment.
- Lifting and moving heavy furniture.
- Climbing ladders and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally to replace lights in high places.
- Working with chemicals, tools and powered machinery.
- Possible contact with blood borne pathogens and/or bodily fluids.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Job Classification: Part Time
Salary Range: $15.00-$17.00/hr
Hours: SHIFT Schedule may change and may required to work some weekends.
To apply please send resume and letter of interest to: https://careers-caminonuevo.icims.com
For more information www.caminonuevo.org
* Camino Nuevo Charter Academy intends that all qualified persons shall have equal opportunities for employment and promotion. *
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying in educational programs, activities, or employment on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, parental, pregnancy, family or marital status, military status or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. Camino Nuevo Charter Academy requires that school personnel take immediate steps to intervene when safe to do so when he or she witnesses an act of discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying.
Questions or complaints of alleged discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying, equity or title IX equity and compliance concerns should be directed to Margarita Domingo at (213) 417-3410 or 3435 W Temple St. Los Angeles, CA 90026
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2019