TITLE: Secondary Mathematics Teacher (Temporary for SY 19-20)
LOCATION: Lake Forest High School
QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet the certification requirements of the State of Delaware Department of Education for Secondary Math Teacher (9-12)
REPORTS TO: School Principal (or Assistant)
JOB GOAL: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at times designated.
- Plans a program of study that is based on and meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of all students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conductive to learning, supportive of positive behavior structure, and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor or principal.
- Attends and participates in scheduled IEP meetings.
- Works closely with the Special Education Coordinator and classroom teachers to plan inclusion activities for special needs students as needed.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, established clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by the law, district policy, and administrative director.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor that pertain to the position of Teacher.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten month year. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation and Department of Education guidelines.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION:
The following are conditions of employment for new employees:
- Satisfactory criminal background check prior to being placed on payroll.
- Satisfactory child protection registry check.
- Mandatory direct deposit of pay.
- Documentation of Mantoux skin test results for entrance to school system.
Interested applicants must apply online and upload a letter of interest, resume, proof of certification, the most recent job evaluation, and three (3) letters of recommendation dated within the last year by the posted closing date.
Lake Forest is an advocate of inclusion practices in all grade levels.
LAKE FOREST SCHOOL DISTRICT
Human Resources Office
5423 Killens Pond Road
Felton, DE 19943
Phone: 302.284.3020 – Fax: 302.284.5832
The Lake Forest School District does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, military/veteran status, disability, marital status or any other protected category in accordance with state and federal laws. Inquiries should be directed to the Director of Personnel, Lake Forest Central Business Office, 5423 Killens Pond Road, Felton, DE 19943. Telephone: (302)284-3020.