|Date Posted||November 21, 2019|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Job Status||Temporary / Contract|
Study Smart Tutors is adding enthusiastic and engaging High School Math Tutors to our team!
*Candidate must be available for the 2019-2020 school year*
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Study Smart Tutors is a college access organization operating throughout the state of California. Our mission is to help low-income; first-generation college-bound students realize their college dreams by building their confidence and developing their test-taking skills.
Study Smart Tutors offers an array of college access courses at no cost to our students or their families. We are able to accomplish this by partnering with schools, outreach programs, and other college access organizations to provide efficient and effective college access programming and classroom-based test preparation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Offer in class math support to high school students and after school tutoring to middle school students
2. Individual and small groups of students -Tutors will have access to curriculum and information about class assignments
3. Adapt to new lessons and teaching methods
4. Maintain fluid communication with Study Smart Tutors staff
5. Attend professional development sessions and training.
EDUCATION, JOB KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· A college degree is required.
· Tutoring experience—especially with low-income, first-generation students—is expected
· Must have experience with high school population
· Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
Monday: 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Site A- in class support) & 3:15 PM - 4:15 PM (Site B)
Tuesday: 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Site A- in class support) & 3:15 PM - 4:15 PM (Site B)
Wednesday: 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Site A- in class support)
Thursday: 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Site A- in class support)
SALARY AND APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
This position is contracted at $35/hour, PLUS MILEAGE ($0.58 per mile), Approximately 18 hours per week, Training paid at a separate rate.
Send your resume to this employer.