||November 24, 2020
||K-12: Public Schools
Project Facilitator, K-12 Response to Instruction (RTI) Position Details
Division: Human Resources
Terms of Employment: This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee
Salary Schedule, 9 Months
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The individual selected for this grant-funded licensed position will coordinate and provide
specialized support for elementary and secondary school teachers and administrators in
the development and implementation of Response to Instruction (RTI). The project
facilitator will develop and implement RTI professional learning support for
administrators, literacy specialist, learning strategists, teachers, and parents. The project
facilitator will collaborate with region personnel and various Clark County School District
divisions and departments including the Assessment, Accountability, Research, and
School Improvement (AARSI) Division; Human Resources Division (HRD); and the
Student Services Division (SSD). Additionally, the project facilitator will be involved with
local, regional, and state organizations and institutions of higher education. This position
will report to the Director of K-12 Literacy and Language Development, Curriculum and
Professional Development Division (CPDD), Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be
1. Supports state and District literacy and mathematics initiatives and curricula, as
2. Plans, prepares, and conducts professional learning sessions and participant
follow-up with a focus on increased student achievement through data analysis
and collaborative problem solving.
3. Works effectively with administrators, learning strategists, literacy specialists,
classroom teachers, and parents/guardians at assigned schools to implement the
District-s RTI framework.
4. Collaborates with university and national experts regarding the current research
and effective practices that lead to improved student achievement.
5. Plans, prepares, and facilitates districtwide professional learning on the District-s
RTI framework with a focus on student achievement in reading, writing, and
mathematics. Professional learning may include coaching, workshops, and
professional learning communities.
6. As requested, assists administrators, learning strategists, literacy specialists, and
teachers with the understanding and practical applications of RTI.
7. Collects and produces best practice-based resources and videos.
8. Provides support for all site-based requests.
9. Develops and implements online professional development modules and tools to
promote a consistent understanding of RTI.
10. Develops and coordinates resources for parents/guardians and community
stakeholders focusing on RTI.
11. Provides assistance in the process of districtwide grant writing in support of
increased funding to promote student achievement.
12. Assists in assessing the effectiveness of assigned activities and in planning
13. Maintains appropriate documentation of all project activities.
14. Collaborates with classroom teachers, administrators, and other departments,
and national experts to review and update District resources related to RTI.
15. Performs other duties related to the position, as assigned.
1. Possess a working knowledge of and capable of developing an extensive
knowledge of the Nevada Academic Content Standards (NACS).
2. Understanding of universal screeners, progress monitoring, and diagnostic
3. Possess a basic knowledge of and capable of developing a thorough working
knowledge of the District-s K-12 curricula.
4. Knowledge of current research on how children learn (numeracy and reading).
5. Effective presentation and workshop facilitation skills.
6. Effective communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
7. Effective skills in planning, organizing, and coordinating activities.
Position Requirements Education and Training
1. An earned bachelor-s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Seven (7) or more years of elementary or secondary teaching experience.
3. Two (2) or more years of successful implementation or in-depth support of
reading/mathematics intervention, prevention, and/or remediation programs in
4. Successful experience with providing professional learning in instructional
strategies for increased student achievement. Licenses and Certifications
Must possess or be able to acquire by time of appointment to the position, an
elementary or secondary teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of
Education and have attained Highly-Qualified Teacher Status. Preferred Qualifications
1. Hold or be able to obtain a reading specialist endorsement or mathematics
2. Successful experience in leading professional development for teachers and
3. Experience with providing professional learning in K-12 prevention/intervention
4. Evidence of participation in ongoing professional learning to extend personal
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement. AA/EOE Statement
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin.
Job Revision Information
- Revised: 02/14/20
- Created: 11/12/15
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020