||June 29, 2020
||K-12: Public Schools
Capital School District  Description: High School Math/Special Education Teacher
Terms of Employment: 10 month position
Reports to: Building Principal
Salary: Current Teacher salary schedule
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets certification requirements of the State of Delaware for secondary math
- Meets certification requirements of the State of Delaware for special education (Exceptional Child Spec Ed K-12)
- Strong content knowledge of secondary math and special education.
- Successful completion of Praxis II exam.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Teach math to students in grades 9-12. Dual certification required in special education.
- Works cooperatively with all staff and parents
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's mission statement.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation
- Performs other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand and /or fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift an/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Favorable Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check for the candidate who is offered employment
- Tuberculin Test and physical
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications may apply by completing an employment application no later than 11:59 PM on the closing date indicated above. A cover letter, resume and three letters of reference, dated within the last year, are required. Please note that incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Applicants needing special accommodations in the application process of the vacancy announcement may contact the Human Resources office at 302-857-4215.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020