||March 25, 2020
||K-12: Charter Schools
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 53 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.
- Implement curricula and activities to meet music-specific academic standards;
- Teach all music-based content including but not limited to singing, dance and movement, elementary instrumental (recorder, Orff instruments, drumming) music;
- Develop music literacy lesson components related to teaching rhythm and pitch notation, solfege reading and singing, improvisation and composition
- High-level collaboration with Enrichment teachers and Director of Operations to create and plan for multiple performances throughout the school year
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards;
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices;
- Support school instructional and cultural needs including but not limited to academic teaching coverage, test proctoring, daily systems duties, additional supportive duties
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, department activities, and school-wide functions;
- Develops strong classroom management skills congruent with Uncommon Schools system of management;
- Be accountable for students mastery of musical standards;
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues; and
- Participate in an annual three-week staff orientation and training.
- Bachelors degree in music education is required; Masters degree is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Valid State Certification is helpful but not required;
- Familiarity with principles of Kodaly, Orff and/or Dalcroze Eurhythmics; certification in one or more preferred;
- Piano proficiency, knowledge of recorder, basic guitar. Additional instrument proficiency is helpful;
Uncommon Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020