|Date Posted||July 27, 2020|
|Industry||Other Teaching Jobs|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||$55,000 to $60,000|
The parents of three amazing children are conducting a highly selective search for a Teacher-Nanny. The position is ideal for a motivated and results-oriented classroom teacher with two to five years of experience aspiring to pursue a graduate degree, sabbatical year or to prepare for a career transition to another professional field. Typically the Teacher/Nannies have spent one to three years with the family, as she/he prepares for the next career phase. Please read the job description carefully and kindly send your resume if you feel that you meet the requirements.
About the Family:
Our eleven-year-old daughter (“big sister”), an aspiring future president, is incredibly thoughtful, funny, driven, creative, and outgoing. She is a vivacious reader and writer, tenacious student, and is emotionally intelligent beyond her years. Big sister devotes many hours of hard work each week to competitive Irish dance and enjoys a multitude of sports and activities.
Our eight-year-old (“little sister”), is as equally precocious as her big sister. She is very expressive, animated and has a hilariously developed sense of humor. Little sister loves music. You can frequently find her dancing with her sister and brother, putting on guitar performances and singing to her heart’s content. Her outgoing personality, sensitivity and kindness make her a great friend to all. Instinctively curious, little sister enjoys conducting science experiments, creating new inventions and gaining a better understanding of the world around her. She also enjoys building with Legos and playing with her American Girl dolls.
Both sisters’ literacy and math progress are periodically tracked by the Teacher-Nanny against Common Core standards and it is expected that they will continue to attain significant gains toward achieving educational benchmarks that are above grade-level. An ideal candidate would continue to foster this growth at home and, more importantly, engender a love of learning.
Our son (“little brother”) is an energetic, loving three-year-old who can make you laugh and melt your heart at a moment’s notice. Little brother loves to play with anything that has wheels, sing his favorite songs and is Paw Patrol’s #1 fan. He is particularly verbal and loves asking questions to better make sense of the world around him.
In addition to the introduction of foundational literacy and math skills, social-emotional education is an important aspect of the Teacher-Nanny role. An ideal candidate would show consistent patience, understanding and empathy, as well as model appropriate behavior and expression of emotions. In addition to an emphasis on emotional and intellectual well-being, a candidate will have excellent judgment and also prioritize the health and safety of all our children.
Additional aspects of our family include engagement in a variety of civic interests with an emphasis on education, an interest in food and an overall healthy lifestyle. The five of us are very close and also enjoy devoted relationships with our extended families, most of whom live locally. As our Teacher Nannies have become intimate parts of our family’s life, these personal attributes are mentioned so that we can find someone who shares our values and vice versa. We also have a wonderful, well-trained 13-year old dog that is beloved by all of us.
A successful candidate will bring most, if not all of the following criteria to this job:
• Experience with early childhood and/or elementary-aged children
• Competency and confidence in overseeing children’s health and well-being
• A joyful, peaceful, and consistent rapport with children
• A mature and respectful demeanor to help reinforce excellent manners, behavior and pleasant interaction with others
• Excellent judgment for city living (i.e. safety, activities, etc.)
• An ability to engage in age appropriate activities and create opportunities to develop skills in reading, math, language, social-emotional, etc.
• An ability to participate in child-led games, activities and imaginary play
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to maintain an electronic calendar for children’s activities
• An appreciation of natural objects and desire to explore parks, meet and observe insects and animals
• A desire to go on nature walks, city adventures, bike rides, swimming, and trips to the playground
• The desire to empower our children as much as possible and in every part of the day by regularly challenging, facilitating, and scaffolding their development in a supportive and loving manner
• Comfort in the kitchen to help prep or prepare fresh, healthy, and natural breakfasts and lunches for the kids (and within reason, engaging the kids in cooking)
• Leadership to direct daily hygiene needs (e.g. tooth-brushing, face-washing, dressing, hand-washing, etc.)
• Ability to provide a rich literacy environment in which words, reading, and language are meaningful, accessible, and fun!
• A willingness to support the household by running errands, overseeing small projects and handling the receipt of deliveries, service providers, feed/walking the dog, etc.
• College graduate from a four-year, accredited institution
• 2-5 years of experience in teaching or other structured childcare
• Proven experience with references
• First Aid and CPR certification
• Driver’s license, safe driving record and experience with city driving
• Eligible to work in the United States
• Fluent in English, but English is not required as your first language
• Active and fit lifestyle
Compensation & Schedule:
• Competitive salary consistent with teacher pay scale*
• Paid vacation and contribution towards health insurance premiums
• In addition to regular Monday-Friday totaling 40 hours, there may be additional paid night, weekend and travel opportunities
• Start date is ASAP (Summer 2020 and beyond) and ideally this person could commit to our family for 1 to 2 years.
*unlike many in-home employers, we comply with federal and state employment requirements to file state and federal taxes on your wages.
NOTE: This is not a live-in position.
Job Type: Full-time
Send your resume to this employer.