||November 20, 2020
||K-12: Charter Schools
This position will be responsible to substitute as needed in the classroom. An on call substitute will report directly to the assigned campus and will receive the teaching assignment for the day. As an elementary substitute, this person must be a college graduate and meet all other Stratford requirements for an elementary teaching position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Substitute as needed.
- Special duties as assigned by the supervising principal.
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
Builds interpersonal relationships
Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers
Punctual and reliable
Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior to being hired, an elementary substitute teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university. A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework, or a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020