Grow Oakland: OUSD is Hiring Certificated Staff for 2020-21 Now
Grow your career in a dynamic urban district advancing equitable, full service community schools.
If you believe that:
Building and maintaining caring relationships with students and families is a key part of the foundation of teaching;
Maintaining high expectations for all students is best accomplished through a persistent asset based lens of what students can do;
Your actions can directly lead to creating more equitable conditions in public schools.
Your work is most effective in collaboration with colleagues, families, and students;
Investing time in self-reflection, listening & incorporating feedback from students, their families, other educators, and school leaders is critical to your growth as an educator and leader;
We might be a great match.
Why teach & lead in OUSD?
- Oakland is a dynamic hub of innovation, art, technology, and thriving business. Oakland is deeply rooted in a history of community-based organizing and rich in cultural, racial, socio-economic, linguistic diversity and inclusivity.
- OUSD reflects the best of innovation and diversity in our dynamic and growing city, leading equity-centered work in public education nationwide.
- We are making great strides in social-emotional learning, closing the technology gap, and increasing personalized education in our classrooms.
Salary and Benefits:
- OUSD offers a competitive salary, based on years of experience and education. Benefits include full medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their families, plus life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and a retirement plan through the California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Read more about benefits here: http://www.ousd.org/Page/11485
- A current California Teaching Credential or out-of-state equivalent (by July 2020) OR eligibility for an intern or emergency permit, and the desire to progress toward a clear teaching credential in CA.
- Authorization to work in the United States
You can also learn more about our teaching opportunities and hiring events here: http://www.ousd.org/careers.
The Oakland Unified School District does not discriminate in any program, activity, or in employment on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, gender, sex, or sexual orientation.