Project Facilitator - Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP)
Clark County School District
Las Vegas, NevadaSee other jobs from this company
|Date Posted||May 18, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Project Facilitator, Gaining Early
Awareness and Readiness for
Undergraduate Programs (GEAR
Division: Human Resources
Terms of Employment: This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee
Salary Schedule, 9 Months
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The project facilitator selected for this licensed position will directly develop and facilitate
academic remediation and enrichment, and college and career readiness
services/activities for GEAR UP students and families at his or her assigned school. This
person wil be expected to adhere to the District-s Professional Domains and Standards
for Licensed Employees and is directly responsible to the Principal, of the assigned
school, Academic Unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be
1. Facilitate college-readiness activities to assigned middle or high students
including, but not limited to:
a. Providing college readiness activities to GEAR UP students and their
parents/guardians at a designated GEAR UP middle or high school
(Bonanza High School, Kenny Guinn Middle School, Hyde Park Middle
School, and Walter Johnson Junior High School);
b. Ensuring students consistently receive high-quality services and each
student makes satisfactory progress toward program goals;
c. Gaining and maintaining knowledge of all students- interests, needs, and
2. Collect, organize, and accurately maintain student and program documents.
3. Submit timesheets, periodic reports, and other service-related documentation, as
4. Attend required professional learning workshops, training events, and
5. Maintain excellent working relationships with supervisors, fellow GEAR Up
Project Facilitators, other Clark County School District personnel, Nevada
System of Higher Education (NSHE) and Nevada Department of Education
(NDE) personnel, students and families, volunteers, donors, and the community.
6. Facilitate innovative, relevant, and engaging services and activities, including
financial literacy, goal setting, social emotional learning, career exploration,
academic assistance, academic enrichment, and college and career readiness
activities for GEAR UP students in grades 7-8, and 9-12, and their
parents/guardians, as appropriate; meets with students annually to complete
Postsecondary Education Planning Session forms; participates in annual
Implementation Plan Team meetings.
7. Collect student demographic and academic progress data and student and
parent/guardian service data. Uploads required data in GEARS database,
organizing and accurately maintaining student and program documents.
8. Collaborate with GEAR UP College Coordinators to provide student and
parent/guardians services/activities focusing on college awareness, financial aid
such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®), college
9. Assist in the creation of a college-going culture in GEAR UP schools.
10. Perform other duties related to the position, as assigned.
1. Demonstrated working knowledge of college resources, admission requirements,
referrals, and services.
2. Demonstrated working knowledge of designing and implementing effective
program services and activities.
3. Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe products, Google
docs, video conferencing, and similar technologies.
4. Demonstrated working knowledge of FAFSA® and scholarship application
5. Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate events for all school stakeholders.
6. Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication, collaboration, and
7. Ability to travel to various school District locations.
Education and Training
1. An earned bachelor-s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. One (1) year successful experience related to the position.
Licenses and Certifications
1. Must possess or be able to acquire by time of appointment to the position, a valid
teaching or school counselor license issued by the Nevada Department of
2. A valid driver's license or state issued identification card.
Experience as a secondary school counselor or with services/activities focusing on
college awareness and preparedness.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the
minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy
The Clark County School District is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The
Clark County School District is committed to providing all applicants and employees
equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, military
status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Here at Clark County School
District we are a diverse group of people who honor the differences that drive innovative
solutions to meet the needs of our students and employees. We believe that through a
culture of inclusivity we have the power to reflect the community we serve.
Job Revision Information
- Revised: 03/15/23
- Created: 08/09/21
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com © 1998-2023