|Date Posted||July 28, 2022|
|Certification Needed||Yes, License for the State of Utah|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||Commensurate With Experience|
New Haven is a private boarding school and residential treatment center for young women grades 7-12 and is accredited by AdvancED. Our mission is to awaken ambition for learning, resiliency and leadership.
New Haven puts relationships at the center of the healing process and supports emotional as well as academic growth. The New Haven program is family focused, values based and multi-systemic. We have 100 students that are split between two school buildings in Utah; one in Spanish Fork and the other in Saratoga Springs. We are looking to fill a full-time Science teacher position at our Saratoga Springs campus.
We are seeking a very hands-on, experiential teacher who wants to work in a small, nurturing, collaborative and innovative teaching environment.
- Utah State Certified in Secondary Education (6-12) and Endorsed in Science (or currently working on certification)
- Additional Special Education Mild/Moderate Endorsement preferred
- Knowledge of a variety of teaching methods
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Ability to adapt to the variety of learning and emotional needs of students
- Basic word processing skills and the ability to use on-line programs
- Teaching experience in addition to student teaching is preferred, but not required
- Teach Year-Round (225 days)
- Full-time position with Competitive Salary (DOE) & Competitive Benefits
- Small Class Size
- Individual interactions with students
- Opportunity to interact with students outside of class
- Flexibility for creative, experiential lesson planning
More information about New Haven can be obtained by visiting: www.newhavenrtc.com