|Date Posted||August 05, 2022|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
10 month Classroom Teacher on Special Assignment - this position's compensation is based on the 10-month teacher schedule, but carries an additional stipend.
OUSD is Hiring Certificated Staff for 2021-22 Now
The Oakland Unified School District’s mission is to build a Full Service Community District focused on high academic achievement while serving the whole child, eliminating inequity, and providing each child with excellent teachers, every day.
Our vision is that all OUSD students will find joy in their academic experience while graduating with the skills to ensure they are caring, competent, fully-informed, critical thinkers who are prepared for college, career, and community success.
Priority 1: Quality Community Schools
Priority 2: Fiscal Vitality
Priority 3: Organizational Wellness
- Provide every student with access to a high-quality school
- Ensure each student is prepared for college, career, and community success
- Staff every school with talented individuals committed to working in service of children
- Create a school district that holds itself and its partners accountable for superior outcomes
- Guarantee rigorous instruction in every classroom, every day
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking educators who believe that:
- Building and maintaining caring relationships with students and families is a key part of the foundation of teaching;
- Maintaining high expectations for all students is best accomplished through a persistent asset based lens of what students can do;
- Your actions can directly lead to creating more equitable conditions in public schools;
- Your work is most effective in collaboration with colleagues, families, and students;
- Investing time in self-reflection, listening & incorporating feedback from students, their families, other educators, and school leaders is critical to your growth as an educator and leader.
Why teach & lead in OUSD?
- Oakland is a dynamic hub of innovation, art, technology, and thriving business. Oakland is deeply rooted in a history of community-based organizing and rich in cultural, racial, socio-economic, linguistic diversity and inclusivity.
- OUSD reflects the best of innovation and diversity in our dynamic and growing city, leading equity-centered work in public education nationwide.
- OUSD is making great strides in social-emotional learning, restorative justice, closing the technology gap, and increasing personalized education in our classrooms.
Where we are located:
- OUSD is located within the vibrant and ever growing city of Oakland. Oakland is a rising economic center, chosen by Forbes magazine as one of the "ten best places in the United States for businesses and careers." The city of Oakland is a great place to live, work, play, and explore!
What we offer teachers:
We provide extensive professional development and training for teachers, innovative curricula, ongoing mentoring and advancement opportunities. Our teachers are also given abundant opportunities to work together in Professional Learning Communities within and across schools in the District.
In addition to professional development and training, we offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salaries determined by experience, education level, and credentials
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits, including Flexible Spending Accounts, plus life insurance and long-term disability coverage
- Retirement benefits through the CALSTRS Retirement System
- Read more about benefits here: http://www.ousd.org/Page/11485
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree, must be eligible for employment in the US and pass a criminal background check. Candidates must possess, or be working to receive, a California teaching credential authorizing instruction in core curriculum.
- Completed online application
- Resume & cover Letter
- Two current professional references
The Oakland Unified School District does not discriminate in any program, activity, or in employment on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, gender, sex, or sexual orientation.