|Date Posted||January 12, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Description:Family Learning Specialist
.275 FTE - Non-represented
(Temporary position - through May 17, 2018)
District: BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that demands educational excellence. It stands as a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national level for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities of Boulder, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill cover approximately 500 square miles and serve an estimated 211,000 residents, with an enrollment of more than 29,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within its boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://bvsd.org
- Positively impact student achievement, using appropriate instructional strategies and strong knowledge of adult appropriate curriculum
- Effectively manage the learning environment
- Understand, appreciate and make accommodations for student diversity
- Participate in professional development for continuous learning
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and community
- Perform record keeping and reporting responsibilities
- Follow State legal requirements and District and building policies and procedures
- Associates degree
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process
- Completed and submitted BVSD on-line application
- Adult Basic Education Authorization (formerly known as LIA) or be able to obtain within two years
- Able to coach others and support adult learning through modeling and reflective conversations
- Adult level experience teaching English language learners and/or adults with limited literacy skills
- Strong background in teaching literacy and numeracy
- Collaborative and flexible; positive response to change; willing to work outside of her/his comfort zone.
- Willingness to engage in reflective practice; demonstrates desire to grow as a learner
- Able to use formative assessment to maximize achievement
- Knowledge of Adult Education Theory
- Demonstrates cultural proficiency, commitment to equity
- Strong sense of efficacy; believes in ability to make a difference in the lives of children and families
Salary information for BVSD positions can be found online at: http://www.bvsd.org/HR/Pages/NegotiatedAgreementsSalarySchedules.aspx. Salary placement varies according to experience and education. No phone calls please.
Application and Selection Procedure:
Apply on-line at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5093; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html