|Date Posted||September 22, 2022|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Description:Intermediate School Teacher - Grades 3-5
Terms of Employment: 10-month Employee
Reports to: Principal/Dean
Salary: Current Odyssey Charter School Teacher Salary Scale
The future is brighter than ever for Odyssey Charter School, and we are in search of highly-motivated, equally passionate individuals to join our Team! Odyssey is a full-scale K-12 Charter School currently serving 2,000 students. Our School has a growing dual immersion program, innovative green Initiative, community food program, and high academic outcomes. Odyssey is united in our mission to prepare lifelong learners who are culturally aware, global citizens that utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills grounded in the classical teachings of Greek education and language. This approach trains students to use the Socratic Method and inquiry approach to learning while leveraging their unique skills and talents in an equitable and democratic manner to create a positive culture where all students can find success.
- Active State of Delaware License and Certification in subject area(s) required.
- Successful completion of Praxis II exams.
- Dual Certified Special Education preferred
- Effectively teach Music to a diverse class of Intermediate School students.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of all the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourages all students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Assesses the accomplishments of all students on a regular basis and provides reports as required, as well as notifying parents of student progress when necessary.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction (as necessary) to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil. Determines the appropriate pace for instruction related to students' abilities and explains material and subject content to students and parents. Differentiates instruction for students based upon need and works with students and other teachers in inclusive settings.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Works cooperatively with all staff and parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Favorable Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check for the candidate who is offered employment
- Tuberculin Test
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck
Please Contact Human Resources Manager with any issues applying online or to obtain a paper application: email@example.com
Odyssey Charter School does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, military/veteran status, disability, marital status or any other protected category in accordance with state and federal laws.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2022