|Date Posted||November 22, 2022|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Description:POSITION: Physical Education Teacher
LOCATION: Stubbs Early Education Center
City teachers who sign a letter of commitment to work in the school are eligible for bonus of $3,500 per year.
- Must hold or be eligible for State of Delaware Teacher Certification in Physical Education
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per workday.
- Minimum lifting requirements- 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions to accommodate the physical, mobility, and ambulatory needs of students.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Internal- Qualified applicants must complete an online teaching application and attach license/certification. External- Qualified applicants must complete an online teaching application and attach a letter of interest, resume, recent evaluations and/or student teaching evaluations, transcripts, license/certification. Previous submissions will not automatically flow to this posting. In order to be considered for this position, you must apply specifically for the Job ID listed for this position.
- Teaches assigned classes using the educational philosophy and policies adopted by the Board of Education.
- Utilizes State and District curriculum guidelines in carrying out teaching assignments.
- Uses available resources, plans and implements a program of study that meets students' needs, interests, and abilities.
- Interprets and uses data from a variety of educational sources for the improvement of instruction.
- Uses appropriate instructional methods contingent upon available materials.
- Identifies students with special learning problems and takes appropriate action.
- Encourages and assists in the development of independent study habits.
- Communicates with students concerning their academic and behavioral progress.
- Acts in ways, which are likely to promote students' feelings of self-worth.
- Makes reasonable efforts to provide for the care and protection of school property, equipment, and materials.
- Monitors the physical environment taking into account the health, safety, and aesthetic needs of students.
- Encourage students to behave in accordance with classroom and school rules.
- Keeps accurate records and makes reports as necessary.
- Recognizes the importance of parent/guardian and teacher cooperation and confers with parents as appropriate.
- Maintains a professional relationship, working cooperatively with all school personnel.
- Meets responsibilities as per contractual agreement and State law.
- Pursues opportunities for professional growth.
- Must report to work on time every workday, except as afforded by existing law.
- Must perform all duties as assigned during scheduled workdays.
- Perform other duties as requested by administration to meet the needs of the students.
CHRISTINA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Human Resources Office
1899 S College Avenue
Newark, DE 19702
Visit our website: www.christina.k12.org
Employment is conditional upon receipt of an acceptable criminal background report, a negative pre-employment drug screening and a child abuse registry check showing you are not on the registry at any level
The Christina School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, or any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law. Inquiries regarding compliance with the above may be directed to the Title IX/Section 504 Coordinator, Christina School District, 1899 S College Avenue, Newark DE 19702; Telephone: (302) 552-2600.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2022