|Date Posted||January 26, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Project Facilitator - Lead
Instructional Coach, K-12,
Leadership and Professional
Development Division (LPLD)
Job Code: C8260
Division: Human Resources
Terms of Employment: This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee
Salary Schedule, 9 Months; Additional hours/days at the contracted rate of pay may be
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The individual selected for this position will coordinate and provide specialized
instructional support for Kindergarten-Grade 12 teachers pursuing teacher leader
pathways. These supports include but are not limited to assisting with the design and
implementation of the Teacher Leader Pathway project. Within the pathways, the Lead
Instructional Coach will collaborate with teachers to understand and practice: mentoring
novice teachers, coaching for equitable and engaging student learning, facilitating to
leverage collective efficacy, and using reliable and valid data to support conversations
and actions leading to improved student learning. The person selected for this position
will be expected to attend regularly scheduled professional learning sponsored by the
LPLD and will report directly to Director II, Teacher Leadership, LPLD, Academic Unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be
Professional Learning in the Teacher Leader Pathway:
1. Develops, organizes, and delivers high-quality professional learning to teacher
leaders aligned with best practice.
2. Guides teacher leaders in developing, implementing, and monitoring Problems of
Practice derived from Clark County School District goals and school needs.
3. Supports the work of teacher leader design teams in developing professional
learning such as micro credentials and layered courses, commensurate with
various teacher leader roles.
4. Provides mentoring to teacher leaders by modeling procedures and conferencing
with teachers to implement professional learning communities that effectively
address the needs of diverse learners.
1. Facilitates highly-effective District coaching cadres.
2. Supports the relationship between principals and District coaches, ensuring a
common understanding of the intent and use of the designated coach.
1. Maintains effective communication with the Director II, Teacher Leadership and
division leadership related to feedback on District, state, and national initiatives
concerning teacher leader pathways.
2. Provides input and support to division leadership regarding prioritization of
professional learning needs, evaluation of professional learning for teacher
leaders, and reviews of current research.
3. Supports teacher leaders in the implementation of federal, state, and local
mandates, as well as District policies, regulations, procedures, and standards.
4. Works effectively with teachers, administrators, and community support agencies
to ensure student success.
Participates in other job-related duties and activities related to the position, as assigned.
1. Knowledge of District services and programs.
2. Understanding of effective instruction, including the Nevada Educator
Performance Framework (NEPF); the Nevada Academic Content Standards
(NVACS); alignment of curriculum, instruction and assessment; mentoring and
coaching competencies, professional learning communities; and data analysis.
3. Knowledge of LPLD supported instructional programs.
4. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
5. Effective presentation and professional learning facilitation skills.
6. Effective oral, written communication, and planning skills.
7. Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule to provide professional learning
beyond work hours, as needed.
8. Possess a high level of self-confidence balanced with a servitude leadership
approach, initiative, self-direction, and motivation.
9. Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural behaviors and barriers to equitable
10. Possess a strong attention to detail and quality.
Education and Training
1. An earned bachelor-s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Completed three (3) years of successful teaching experience.
3. Experience in organizing, implementing, and maintaining an effective classroom.
Licenses and Certifications
Must possess or be able to acquire by time of appointment to the position, a teaching
license issued by the Nevada Department of Education (NDE).
1. Master-s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Certification in research-based instructional coaching.
3. Experience with consistently facilitating research-based coaching cycles.
4. Experience in developing and facilitating professional learning aligned with best
5. Experience working with diverse student and teacher populations.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the
minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy
The Clark County School District is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The
Clark County School District is committed to providing all applicants and employees
equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
military status or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Here at Clark County
School District we are a diverse group of people who honor the differences that drive
innovative solutions to meet the needs of our students and employees. We believe that
through a culture of inclusivity we have the power to reflect the community we serve.
Job Revision Information
- Revised: 11/28/22
- Created: 11/28/22
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com -- © 1998-2023