Elementary / Middle School Teachers, Hourly TEAM UP
Washoe County School District
Reno, NevadaSee other jobs from this company
|Date Posted||March 13, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Under the general supervision of an administrator, a classroom teacher will implement school board policy regarding the educational curriculum of a particular instructional division and/or instructional unit. The teacher may teach one or more subjects.
Planning and Preparation
- Demonstrates mastery of content and pedagogy, knowledge of students and resources
- Sets instructional outcomes for diverse learners
- Designs coherent instruction and student assessments aligned with Common Core State Standards
- Creates an environment of respect and rapport
- Organizes physical space to create a safe, accessible, and resource-rich environment
- Manages classroom procedures and student behavior
- Establishes a culture for learning
- Demonstrates cultural competency
- Communicates learning expectations to students
- Engages students in learning
- Utilizes questioning and discussion techniques
- Embeds assessment in instruction
- Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness
- Demonstrates familiarity with Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
- Maintains accurate records
- Reflects on teaching
- Supports family and community partnerships
- Participates in a professional community
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity and ethical conduct
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and experience in teaching would provide the required knowledge and skills are qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and skills would be:
1. Education: Bachelor's Degree from and accredited college or university with student teaching experience
2. Experience: Three (3) years of verified contracted teaching experience with a Bachelor's Degree and the ability to obtain a valid teaching license in Nevada
Knowledge of: Child development; behavior and characteristics of students; subject area and/or credential area of teaching. (e.g. special education, math, science, etc.); effective teaching skills; planning and organizing; supervision and control; assessment and diagnosis; interpersonal relations.
Skill at: Creating an effective environment for learning, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with teachers, administrators, counselors, and other staff members. The ability to establish and maintain standard of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom. Effective utilization of technology in instruction, planning, data-based decision making and monitoring of student achievement.
License/Certificates: Possession of, or the ability to obtain a valid Nevada teaching license in the relevant subject area/and or grade level.
Special Considerations: When selected for Department chair of a high school, additional pay will be provided based on number of teachers supervised.
THIS JOB SPECIFICATION SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO IMPLY THAT THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE THE EXCLUSIVE STANDARDS OF THE POSITION. INCUMBENTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS, AND PERFORM ANY OTHER RELATED DUTIES, AS MAY BE REQUIRED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR.
The Washoe County School District is committed to providing a safe and respectful learning and working environment for all students, staff, and visitors. The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, and/or discrimination based on an individual's actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veterans or military status, marital status, disability or the presence of any sensory, physical or mental handicap in any of its educational programs/activities and employment, or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The District prohibits discrimination against any youth group listed in Title 36, as a patriotic society, (i.e. Boy Scouts of America) from access to public school facilities use. The District is an equal opportunity employer.