Dean of Students - Teacher on Special Assignment
Otho E. Stuart Middle School/27J Schools
Commerce City, ColoradoSee other jobs from this company
|Date Posted||March 16, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Certification Needed||Yes, Current teaching license issued by the Colorado Department of Education|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||$47,977.77 - $60,660.26|
The Dean of Students will oversee the overall functions of student management and student attendance issues. Other administrative needs and processes may also be assigned. This is a full-time, or 1.0 FTE, position with benefits.
- Manage student supervision issues and enforce school behavioral expectations.
- Counsel students and parents about school and district policies.
- Assist staff and parents in developing student behavioral expectations.
- Assist in the planning, developing and implementing of individual student behavior plans.
- Serve as a resource to staff in dealing with classroom management issues.
- Assist in developing programs to promote positive student behavior as well as intervention strategies.
- Coordinate alternative education placement for students.
- Confers appropriate consequences for behavior issues.
- Assist with staff evaluations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years successful teaching or prior job related experience with increasing levels of responsibilities in a school setting.
- Must have a valid Colorado teaching license.
- Ability to provide direction to others and make independent judgments.
- Keep and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, students, staff and other individuals of varied cultural and educational backgrounds, in both oral and written form.
Apply online at www.workat27j.com. External applicants must upload a current resume and teaching license. Teachers currently contracted with SD27J, mark that you are a 27J employee on the application, upload a current resume and provide a maximum of 2 years previous work experience. Substitutes are considered External applicants.
All future correspondence will be handled via the email address you provided in your online application. Check your In-Box and SPAM folder.
All 27J jobs close at 4:00 Mountain Time
Non-Discrimination Notice/Link Non-Discrimination Notice
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, 27J Schools does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment.