Middle School Special Education Teacher
Meeting Street Schools
Charleston, South CarolinaSee other jobs from this company
|Date Posted||March 18, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Charter Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Who we are
Meeting Street Schools (MSS), a network of five South Carolina schools, was founded on the belief that all students can learn and deserve the opportunity to receive a high-quality education, regardless of their socio-economic background. It is our belief that a student’s zip code should not determine a student’s access to education. At MSS, we believe in a holistic approach to education and work to provide any and all resources that facilitate student success in the classroom and beyond.
Who we're looking for
We are searching for people with a strong mission fit and tight alignment to our belief that all students — regardless of life circumstances– can and will succeed. We seek people who have the motivation, drive, compassion, and commitment to ensure that all students reach their full potential. High-performing people who desire to join us in our mission to change the status quo of education in South Carolina and prove that higher learning is not only possible but expected for ALL students are encouraged to apply.
Special Education teachers deliver differentiated instruction to students with disabilities in a self-contained or inclusion classroom setting to meet IEP goals and drive rigorous academic, social emotional, and life skills instruction. The Special Education teacher will plan and deliver lessons that incorporate multiple learning modalities, adapt and modify instruction, and create strategies and meaningful interventions to support students’ learning along side a team of Special Education Aides and classroom teachers. Special Education teachers combine the ability to motivate and educate, to develop academic as well as character skills, and to make a college preparatory education relevant both now and for the future. MSS teachers have a growth mindset and participate in rigorous professional development throughout the year, including Responsive Classroom training, whole and small group school-wide focus professional development, team analysis of performance data, and other personalized opportunities for teachers to grow.
- Provide direct academic and social-emotional instruction in an inclusion or self-contained setting to students with exceptionalities
- Collaborate with colleagues to plan and execute lessons in a co-taught setting
- Manage and develop special education aides to help deliver instruction and support students with disabilities in the general education setting
- Complete long, short-term, and daily planning addressing the individual needs of students, focusing on accommodations and modifications to ensure student growth
- Direct caseload management of up to 12 students; monitor growth towards IEP goals, complete progress reports and documentation and facilitates meetings in accordance with state and district IEP policy
- Assist in building classroom community and relationships with families
- Review data to determine next steps for instruction, IEP goals, and academic LRE placement
- Commit to professional and personal growth through reflection, feedback, and collaboration
- Advocate for student needs and effectively communicate with teachers, parents, and administrators to facilitate the IEP process and Other school and grade-level duties as assigned
Education and Background
- Bachelor's degree required
- Active or in-process teaching certification required-Special Education
- Minimum two years of successful experience teaching/volunteering in underserved communities
$44,000 - $91,000 a year
The salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience, typically salaries trend above the district salary schedule, starting at approximately $44,000-$91,000 annually. Additionally, Meeting Street Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including and not limited to:
Life Insurance and Disability
Employee + Family Wellness
Tax Favored Spending Accounts (FSA/HSA)
Referral and Retention Bonuses
All new hires are guaranteed $1,000 on top of their salary offer (paid out during 1st year of employment) and are eligible for additional bonus opportunities.
At Meeting Street Schools we are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com © 1998-2023