|Date Posted||May 22, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Thomas Edison Charter School, a K-8 public charter school, is searching for dedicated and committed elementary education teachers looking to make a difference. Preference will be given to certified and experienced candidates who exhibit a passion for teaching in inner-city communities and a strong desire to help students achieve.
The Teacher's job is to ensure that all students are learning at a high level and creating a classroom where students are challenged to critically think and problem solve.
- Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the school goals and objectives, Delaware State Standards and the Common Core State Standards.
- Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans that provide for effective teaching strategies and maximize student time on task
- Plans and implements a program of study designed to meet individual needs of students
- Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning, by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies
- Encourage student enthusiasm for the learning process and the development of good study habits
- Completes progress reports and trimester report cards, as scheduled
- Prepares substitute folder containing appropriate information and copies, as required by Administration
- Plans and prescribes purposeful assignments for paraprofessionals, interventionists, tutors, and volunteers, as needed
- Recognizes learning problems and makes referrals, as appropriate
- Demonstrates a strong grasp of content matter
- Uses effective oral and written expression
- Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge for continual improvement of the school's curriculum
- Is an active participant in all team meetings, PLC meetings, and planned professional development meetings
- Becomes acquainted with supplemental services beneficial to students as an extension of regular classroom activities
- Develops, in accordance with school guidelines, reasonable rules of classroom behavior and appropriate techniques that are consistently applied
- Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of students in all areas of the school
- Supervises all assigned students during the school day, inside and (when necessary) outside the school building.
- Upholds and enforces board policy, administrative procedures, school rules and regulations, and is supportive of them to the public
- Maintains appropriate work habits, including regular and punctual attendance, appropriate use of PLC planning time, and conference planning time
- Strives to communicate the positive aspects of our school program to the public
- Works cooperatively and communicates with parents to strengthen the educational program for their children
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other staff members
- Continues professional growth through attendance at PLC meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced courses at institutions of higher learning
- Maintains membership in appropriate professional organizations
- Cooperates with the administration in planning and participating in appropriate in-service training programs at a school or district level
- Attends all staff, department, and committee meetings, on time, as required
- Evaluates accomplishment of students on a regular basis using multiple assessment methods such as teacher made tests, samples of students'work, mastery skill check lists, criterion-referenced tests and norm-referenced tests and provided on-line assessment tools
- Makes appropriate adjustments in the instructional program, as required by the administration
- Respects the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents, and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics, and state and federal laws
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of effective methods of dealing with children
- Working knowledge of the core subjects at the grade level to which employment assignment is made.
- Some knowledge of the school organization and its community.
- Some knowledge of expected behavior of children, that is, basic characteristics of ages and stages.
- Skill necessary to operate audiovisual equipment and common office machines.
- Ability to apply impartially and consistently proper methods of recognition, rewards and consequences.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information
State of Delaware Certificate and Licensure
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com © 1998-2023