Early Childhood - Special Education / Itinerant and Coach (TOSA Position)
Special Education for 27J Schools
|Date Posted||May 23, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Certification Needed||Yes, License/certification as required by the Colorado Department of Education in Early Childhood Special Education|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||$52,002.77 - $64,685.26|
27J is currently seeking a part-time ECSE TOSA (.25) combined with a part-time Itinerant ECSE (.75). This equals a full-time, or 1.0 FTE position with full benefits. This position will support the Early Childhood Coordinator with implementing preschool programming models across the district and will provide direct services to preschoolers in an itinerant model across the district.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Support the SPED Department Goal of designing and implementing specially designed instruction for students with disabilities
- Show initiative and perseverance in creating a structure for the role of ECSE TOSA to support teachers working with students with disabilities
- Be collaborative, flexible, reflective and demonstrate persistence and problem solving to help meet the needs of teachers and students
- In collaboration with the Early Childhood Coordinator, implement a continuum of services for preschoolers with disabilities by problem solving with preschool teams to ensure appropriate supports, structures and accommodations are in place for students with disabilities
- Partner with the Preschool Instructional Coach to support the preschool vision around program models and instructional goals across the district.
- Case Manage preschoolers with ECSE hours
- Develop and implement professional development for certified and classified staff
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Individuals must provide evidence of being a self-motivator, demonstrate an attitude as a team player and be able to accept reflective feedback and adjust accordingly.
- Individuals must have evidence that demonstrates their skill set in facilitating both students and adults, conflict resolution and strong problem solving skills.
- Must be able to synthesize and analyze data within a variety of instructional environments.
- Evidence of strong oral and written communication, organization, planning and time management skills.
- Must have a teaching license/certification as required by the Colorado Department of Education in: Early Childhood Special Education
- Minimum of five years of experience working with preschool students with disabilities
- Instructional Coaching experience
- Strong knowledge base of the IDEA Child Find process
- Leadership experience (Dept. Chair, Committee Chair/Lead, Team Leader, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Individual with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and the Exceptional Children’s Education Act (ECEA) Colorado
Non-Discrimination Notice/Link Non-Discrimination Notice
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at TeachingJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by TeachingJobs.com © 1998-2023