|Date Posted||May 23, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Certification Needed||Yes, valid Colorado principal/administrator license, as well as a valid teaching license.|
|Required Education||Master's Degree|
|Salary||$90,375.00 - $130,052.00|
The Dean of Students will oversee the overall functions of student management and student attendance issues. Other administrative needs and processes may also be assigned. This is a full-time, or 1.0 FTE, position with benefits.
- Manage student supervision issues and enforce school behavioral expectations.
- Counsel students and parents about school and district policies.
- Assist staff and parents in developing student behavioral expectations.
- Assist in the planning, developing and implementing of individual student behavior plans.
- Serve as a resource to staff in dealing with classroom management issues.
- Assist in developing programs to promote positive student behavior as well as intervention strategies.
- Coordinate alternative education placement for students.
- Confers appropriate consequences for behavior issues.
- Assist with staff evaluations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years' successful teaching or prior job related experience with increasing levels of responsibilities in a school setting.
- Must have a valid Colorado principal/administrator license, as well as a valid teaching license.
- Master's degree required.
- Ability to provide direction to others and make independent judgments.
- Keep and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, students, staff and other individuals of varied cultural and educational backgrounds, in both oral and written form.
Apply online at www.sd27j.org. External applicants must upload a current resume', 1 current Letter of Recommendation (2 years or newer), a copy of your licensure from the Colorado Department of Education and transcripts that confer your highest degree. Teachers currently contracted with SD27J, please use Internal Application, upload a current resume' and provide a maximum of 2 years previous work experience. Substitutes are considered External applicants.
- All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
Please note: All job postings in School District 27J close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time
NonDiscrimination Notice/Link Non Discrimination Notice