Southlawn Elementary/27J Schools
Commerce City, ColoradoSee other jobs from this company
|Date Posted||May 24, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Certification Needed||Yes, A valid Special Services License in School Psychology from the Colorado Department of Education.|
|Salary||$52,002.77 - $64,685.26|
27J Schools is currently seeking a School Psychologist. This position will coordinate and implement assessment and intervention techniques, consult with staff members, professionals and families as appropriate to assist in fostering a safe school environment and break down barriers to student success.
Participate as a member of the building level Problem-Solving Team (PST) to assist in synthesizing information in order to support the development of an appropriate intervention plan based on identified needs.
Consult with school staff regarding the implementation of research-based interventions for students experiencing mental health and/or behavioral related concerns/issues as appropriate:
a. May involve modification recommendations of the classroom environment, instructional styles or expectation levels for the student.
b. May involve serving as the liaison between the school, family and outside agencies regarding the students' concerns.
- As appropriate, performs comprehensive educational relevant evaluations to identify students' academic skills, learning aptitudes, personality and emotional development, adaptive behavior, and social skills.
- Facilitate and case-manage the process involved in completing an Initial Eligibility IEP, including staff and home-school communication, and ensuring compliance with the Individual with Disabilities Education Act, and state laws.
- Provide short-term group or individual counseling services as necessary and in accordance with building identified needs and/or a student's IEP. May involve developing and progress monitoring social-emotional and behavior IEP goals.
- Ensure that Functional Behavioral Assessments are completed with the support of designated team members in order to write and develop Behavior Intervention Plans, and help draft IEP goals related to behavior and social/emotional development.
- Participate in crisis intervention (threat/suicide assessments, safety plans, crisis intervention teams, building safety concerns, etc.) and as necessary, provide resources to students and parents.
- Provide consultation to 504 teams at the request of the 504 District and Building Coordinator and Building Administrator.
- Follow district, department and school policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and/or guidelines, and the provisions of the contract as well as exercise professional judgment when acting the in absence of a covering guideline or policy.
- A valid Special Services License in School Psychology from the Colorado Department of Education.
- Ed.S or PhD in School Psychology is required.
- A valid National Certificated School Psychologist.
- Applicants are highly encouraged to have a DORA (Department of Regulatory Services) license in Clinical Psychology, but not required.
- The ability to handle many complex tasks simultaneously.
- The ability and interest to be part of a high-functioning team. (Having respected and trusted colleagues, preferably as teammates, makes the demands of teaching sustainable.)
- The ability and interest to learn continuously and to adapt to changing circumstances (student characteristics, curriculum, and so on).
- A belief in empowering all children as owners of their learning.
Apply online at www.sd27j.org. External applicants must upload a current resume', 1 current Letter of Recommendation (2 years or newer), a copy of your licensure from the Colorado Department of Education and transcripts that confer your highest degree. Teachers currently contracted with SD27J, please use Internal Application, upload a current resume' and provide a maximum of 2 years previous work experience. Substitutes are considered External applicants.
- All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.